World Obesity Federation
Driving global efforts to reduce, prevent and treat obesity.Sign up for updates
Recent NewsView all
News Mar 02, 23
Economic impact of overweight and obesity to surpass $4 trillion by 2035
Study predicts that more than half the global population will be living with overweight and obesity within 12 years.Read Post
News Feb 07, 23
World Obesity’s official relations status renewed by World Health Organization
During the 152nd meeting of the WHO Executive Board, Member States renewed World Obesity’s official relation status.Read Post
News Sep 21, 22
Economic impact of overweight and obesity set to reach 3.3% of global GDP by 2060
New study predicts US$2.2 trillion could be saved annually if overweight and obesity prevalence remained at 2019 levelsRead Post
World Obesity Resources
We have a wide range of resources available for you to download, read, use or purchase.
- Policy Dossiers - These provide evidence and resources to help policymakers, NGOs and others.
- Journals - World Obesity publishes four scientific, peer-reviewed journals.
- Image Bank - A gallery of free-to-use images to ensure accurate, non-biased, and respectful images are widely available.
- Resource Library - We produce a range of statements, responses, papers and reports related to obesity.
- Obesity: The Other Pandemic of the 21st Century - This work features contributions from leading experts in the field of obesity management and prevention.
World Obesity Federation is a membership organisation representing national and regional associations dedicated to the study and management of obesity and related comorbidities.
Our membership body currently comprises more than 80 associations in over 100 countries and territories.
Our members are organisations representing healthcare professionals, researchers, policy specialists and those with lived experience of obesity. As well as a membership programme for non-profit organisations, World Obesity runs a Champions programme for partners.Find out more
Upcoming EventsView all
Member Apr 29, 23
Your Weight Matters 2023 Virtual Convention
This convention is hosted by the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) and takes place 29 - 30 April 2023.Read Post
Webinars May 03, 23
CO-CREATE webinar: Launch of the NOURISHING policy index
Join us for the first in our two-part webinar series as we launch the NOURISHING (nutrition) policy index.Read Post
Webinars May 04, 23
CO-CREATE webinar: Launch of the MOVING policy index
Part two of our webinar series launches the MOVING (physical activity) policy index.Read Post