World Obesity Federation’s greatest strength is the commitment of its members, and organisations and individuals in turn benefit from being part of a global community.
Specific benefits include access to the most up to date information on obesity activities and priorities around the world, including through our partnership with the World Health Organization and other UN agencies; opportunities to help shape obesity evidence and policy through serving on standing committees and ad hoc councils; access to colleagues all over the world, including professionals, patients, policymakers and funders through our events and online platforms. And most important, the opportunity to share your expertise in and commitment to addressing obesity with colleagues and friends all over the world!
- World Obesity provides an international umbrella of members, including public health specialists, clinical and scientific communities all working towards a common goal. This in turn enables World Obesity Federation to provide multiple approaches to building knowledge in fostering networks and organisations committed to addressing obesity.
- World Obesity will help to build capacity in countries where there is no current obesity association and provide guidance where needed.
- WOF provides a trusted platform to speak with one voice – a trusted voice.
Full Membership benefits also includes discounts to key events and educational courses including:
- The International Congress on Obesity (ICO)
- Opportunities to be nominated for World Obesity's International Awards for Scientific Excellence
- SCOPE Schools
- A 50% discount on paywalled SCOPE E-Learning courses (the Core Learning Path and Childhood Obesity : From Diagnosis to Treatment) and free access to all our other modules
- Stock Conferences and joint events
- Invitation to attend our Annual General Meeting and eligibility to vote at our AGM and elect candidates for the positions of President, Treasurer and President-Elect
- An opportunity to nominate members for World Obesity Federation Committees and Taskforces
- Invitation to bid for holding regional and international World Obesity conferences.
Members also receive discounted subscription rates on the official World Obesity journals:
- Clinical Obesity
- Obesity Reviews
- Pediatric Obesity
- 20% Discount on Wiley Books
- 15% discount on medical books from wisepress.com
Both Full and Associate Members benefit from:
- An invitation to attend our Annual General Meeting (Associate members in a non-voting capacity).
- Access to international policies, project updates and statistics on obesity via the World Obesity Data Portal
- A monthly e-newsletter and weekly obesity news updates
- Opportunities for global networking with experts in the field of obesity
- Access to and participation in various webinars, roundtables and online events throughout the year
Become a Member
World Obesity membership is open to other obesity related organisations. We can now provide our benefits to a wider range of obesity professionals and be more inclusive of the many areas that obesity touches.
Want to become a member? If you are part of an association or organisation that is not already affiliated with World Obesity and would like to join please follow the link below:Full and Associate Membership Application Form