SAOTA, World Obesity Federation’s member in Argentina, co-hosts ‘International Workshop for Obesity and Food Transition’.
The Obesity Committee of the Argentine Medical Association, in collaboration with the Argentinian Society for Obesity and Eating Disorders (SAOTA), organised a two-day conference in the headquarters of the Argentine Medical Association, Buenos Aires. The event was attended in person by over 400 healthcare professionals, with a number of additional guests joining via video conference.
Opening statements were given by Dr Julio Montero (SAOTA president), as well as leading voices from the Argentine Medical Association (Prof. Miguel Galmes, President) and the Latin American Federation of Obesity Societies (Prof. Rafael Figueredo).
The sessions were delivered by leading medical professionals from Argentina and Latin America, and included talks on:
- food transition in South America,
- pharmacological treatments for obesity,
- the patient voice and experiences in clinics,
- nutritional interventions for a long life,
- yslipidemia in the patient with obesity,
- nutritional recommendations in obesity clinics,
- and much more.