As a global membership organisation, World Obesity's members are vital to our work and reputation.
The Membership Committee is strongly committed to ensuring a broad and balanced geographical representation while recognising that many countries do not yet have obesity-focused organisations. However, as our membership network continues to grow and strengthen, so will our ability to bring about meaningful change and support through collaboration, knowledge sharing, and collective calls to action.
- Chair: Louise Baur - President, World Obesity Federation
- John Wilding - Past President, World Obesity Federation
- Shiriki Kumanyika - Emeritus Professor, Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania
- Dawn Hatanaka - Executive Director, Obesity Canada (OC)
- Cintia Cercato - President, Brazilian Association for the Study of Obesity (ABESO)
- Leonard Kim - President, Asia-Oceania Association for the Study of Obesity (AOASO)
- Urudinachi Agbo - President, The Obesity Society of Nigeria (TOSN)
- Johanna Ralston - Chief Executive Officer, World Obesity Federation (ex-officio)