World Obesity Federation represents professional Members of the scientific, medical and research communities from over 50 regional and national obesity associations.
Through our membership we create a global community of organisations dedicated to solving the problems of obesity. Our mission is to lead and drive global efforts to reduce, prevent and treat obesity.
We have devised four overarching strategic goals, which are at the heart of our methodology when it comes to recognising, treating and preventing obesity on a global scale.
- Research – to collate, conduct and disseminate world-leading research into obesity, its impact, causes, treatment and prevention
- Policy – to influence policy of academics, government and businesses at global, regional and national levels
- Education – to bring rigour, consistency and credibility to the field through educational programmes, practical training, publications, conferences and accreditation
- Membership – creating a global community of organisations dedicated to solving the problems of obesity
What we stand for
- Evidence – we ensure everything we do is informed by the best available knowledge
- Collaboration – we work with partners to achieve more
- Innovation – we look for new and better ways to solve the obesity crisis
- Action – we turn research into workable solutions that bring around change