World Obesity Live - The time is now: action on obesity in the time of COVID-19Sep 17, 2020
COVID-19 is disrupting health and food systems, and threatening progress on global obesity related goals. However, the emerging evidence and awareness of the links between obesity and COVID-19 provide an opportunity for governments to step up action on obesity and other diet-related NCDs, both within their response to and recovery from the current pandemic.
This debate style webinar will bring together World Obesity members and policy makers from around the world to discuss what and how needs to happen to fast track action on obesity globally in this moment of crisis but also opportunity.
Date and time
- Date: 17th September 2020
- Time 12:00 - 13:00 BST
- Share new evidence and analysis around obesity and COVID-19
- Mobilise action on obesity during this time
- Hear speaker and audience ideas on the priority policies and actions essential to ‘build back better’ and reduce obesity
- 12:00 - Welcome and introductions
- 12:05 - COVID-19 and obesity evidence update
- 12:10 - Advancing action on obesity during the time of COVID: stories from the UK, India and Canada
- 12:25 - Panel discussion with audience Q&A
- 12:55 - Chair wrap and close
- Dr Fatima Cody Stanford - Massachusetts General Hospital/ Harvard Medical School, US
- Dr Olivia Barata Cavalcanti - World Obesity Federation, UK
- Dr Simon Barquera - Nutrition and Health Research Center, National Institute of Public Health, Mexico.
- Dr Rubeena Shaheen - Food Safety & Standards Authority of India, India
- Richard Sangster - Department of Health & Social Care, UK
- Dr Arya M Sharma - Obesity Canada, Canada
To register for the next in the World Obesity Live series on COVID-19 & Obesity, click the link below!Register here