The Lancet Summit - Childhood obesity: consequences across the life courseMar 02, 2023
This online summit, organised in partnership with World Obesity, the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF, takes place on 2 - 3 March 2023, just ahead of World Obesity Day 2023.
This conference will bring together a global, multidisciplinary group of speakers and highlight emerging research on the many facets of the complex issue of childhood obesity. It should appeal to those with an interest in paediatrics, nutrition, NCDs, physical activity, healthy cities, early child development, and the developmental origins of health and disease.
Join our expert speakers to explore the latest research and practice on the following topics:
- The impact of childhood obesity: past, present, future
- Developmental origins of health and disease: complex biology requires complex solutions
- Social, commercial, and environmental determinants of childhood obesity
- Childhood obesity from an equity perspective
- What works in policy and planning?
- Innovations in prevention and treatment
- Community-driven solutions from around the world