SCOPE School Chile: 25 - 26 November 2022: Obesity Management - An Etiopathogenic Multidisciplinary Approach
The World Obesity Federation is delighted to host one of its SCOPE Schools of 2022 this November in Santiago, Chile!
The prevalence of obesity has been increasing globally and has become a significant public health concern in Chile, and the entire world, in the past two decades. Obesity is both a disease and a risk factor for several other NCDs, including cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
This event aims to educate primary healthcare professionals on clinical approaches to prevention, including treatment barriers and strategies to ensure durable benefits for patients living with obesity.
By the end of the school, you will:
- Be aware of the potential complications of people (children, adolescents, and adults) living with obesity.
- Be familiar with the options to prevent and manage people living with obesity.
- Be better equipped to discuss treatment options including dietary, pharmacological, and surgical treatments for obesity in the adult population.
- Have an increased awareness of obesity.
- Primary healthcare professionals working in clinical practice
- Primary care physicians
- All other primary care specialists in obesity-related fields
The SCOPE School has been accredited with 4.0 SCOPE points, which count towards SCOPE Certification. All participants that have actively participated by completing pre-event learning questions, and attended the sessions across both days, will be eligible to receive points for their attendance.
This SCOPE school has been CPD Accredited in principle. Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
A certificate of attendance is only required if you DO NOT plan to claim SCOPE points. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to do so. Participants must have actively participated across both days of the school and completed the feedback survey to be eligible to receive a certificate of attendance.
Register Your Interest in SCOPE School Chile
Registrations for this event will open soon. In the meantime, please email us to register your interest in attending the SCOPE School in Chile on 25 and 26 November 2022.REGISTER YOUR INTEREST