STOP, CO-CREATE, JA Best-ReMaP and PEN are four European projects that address the global childhood obesity epidemic. Through innovative and rigorous research methods, the projects aim to generate new evidence and develop robust and sustainable findings, recognising that current interventions to curb the rise in child and adolescent obesity have failed.
In 2020, a joint symposium was held to showcase the four projects’ innovative approaches to refine current obesity-related interventions (I) evidence-based policies, (II) accountability and (III) youth engagement.
For this last event of our World Café series, the project coordinators will convene to shine a light on key research questions that remain unaddressed in relation to childhood overweight and obesity. We will also learn more about the next steps and key opportunities to engage with all four projects in the remainder of their continuity.
- Date: Tuesday 28th September 2021
- Time: 13:00 PM -14:00 PM CEST
- To reflect on the World Café series
- To explore the current evidence base and identify research gaps that still need to be addressed in order to develop effective childhood and adolescent obesity interventions.
- To discuss how Europe’s research infrastructure has advanced the childhood obesity agenda over the past decade.
- To share insights on upcoming activities for the STOP, PEN, CO-CREATE, and JA Best-ReMaP projects
- Dr Mojca Gabrijelcic, Head of the Centre for Analyses and Development of Health, National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ), Slovenia
- Professor Franco Sassi, Professor of International Health Policy and Economics, Imperial College London
- Professor Knut-Inge Klepp, Executive Director, Division for Mental and Physical Health, Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- Professor Wolfgang Ahrens, Deputy Director, Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology, Germany
- Dr. Hannah Brinsden, Director of Policy, World Obesity Federation
(All times are displayed in CEST)
- 13:00 - 13:05 Opening remarks - Dr. Hannah Brinsden
- 13:05 - 13:20 Key insights from World Café events – Dr Mojca Gabrijelcic (1), Prof Franco Sassi (2) & Prof Knut-Inge Klepp (3)
- 13:20 - 13:45 Panel Discussion: Europe’s research infrastructure - Wolfgang Ahrens, Prof Mojca Gabrijelcic, Prof Franco Sassi, Prof Knut-Inge Klepp
- 13:45 - 14:55 Look into the future: what are the next steps in relation to childhood obesity-related research? - Wolfgang Ahrens, Prof Mojca Gabrijelcic, Prof Franco Sassi, Prof Knut-Inge Klepp
- 14:55 - 15:00 Closing remarks - Dr. Hannah Brinsden