World Obesity Day will return on 4 March 2022 with the theme: “Everybody Needs to Act”.
The 2022 campaign is the third unified World Obesity Day, when World Obesity members and allies come together to call for change. It builds on the success of the 2021 campaign, “Everybody Needs Everybody”, which received unprecedented press and public support, reaching hundreds of millions of people around the world.
Obesity is one of the biggest public health challenges facing the world today, affecting 800 million people with millions more at risk. It is a life-altering disease that increases the likelihood of comorbidities and doubles the risk of Covid-19 hospitalisation, yet people living with obesity lack support and face stigma at work, home and in the health system. To make change a reality, we need action at the local, national, and global levels.
World Obesity Day 2022 will feature:
- Special events and activities organised by World Obesity members around the world
- Stories of action from people at the front line of the obesity crisis
- Essential toolkits and resources for healthcare professionals, employers, policymakers, people living with obesity, and anybody eager to support systemic change
- A global social media campaign
- The latest World Obesity Federation ‘Atlas 2022’ report
- A cross-cutting call for world leaders to act on obesity at policy level
- A three-week lead-in campaign building momentum and anticipation for the day
The success of World Obesity Day depends on the contributions of World Obesity members and allies. If you would like to plan an event, share a story, offer support, or simply find out more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, we can give everybody the best chance to live happier, healthier and longer lives.