The Sociedad Mexicana de Obesidad (SMO) conducted ten online academic sessions transmitted through the platform of the UANL School of Medicine, eight ZOOM webinars, six podcasts and a Christmas party for SMO members.
Various activities were carried out to commemorate World Obesity Day (WOD), including:
- A webinar 'Heading to World Obesity Day'
- A virtual race with 200 runners from different parts of Mexico and other countries
- Two webinars of the 1st International Forum for People Living with Overweight and Obesity, transmitted via Facebook Live from our official website
- A podcast entitled 'The Deep Roots of Obesity'
- A WOD 2022 Symposium: 'Becoming better: It's time to act'
We held the V International Congress of Obesity and Metabolism SMO and XII FECCOM, which had 80 conferences and was also endorsed by the Faculty of Medicine UANL.