The Action Initiative Champions Group is designed to support the over-arching Action Initiative and individual programmes that will deliver tangible outcomes to address the obesity crisis.
Conditions of Membership
Champions Group membership is open to all organisations that meet World Obesity’s Terms of Engagement and provide an annual contribution to the work of the Action Initiative of at least £20,000 (GBP). Substantial in-kind support can also qualify an organisation for membership, to be determined on a case by case basis. Membership will be on a yearly basis, or can be obtained on a yearly basis through support of one of the programmes.
- Recognition in World Obesity publications and on the Action Initiative webpage
- Invitation to two face-to-face Champions’ meetings each year to discuss priorities and review progress of Action Initiative programmes
- Opportunity to engage with like-minded organisations
- Opportunity to engage with World Obesity senior thought leaders
- Opportunity to present during quarterly Advocates Group teleconferences
- Invitation to a networking event held at the International Congress on Obesity
- Input to the annual Action Initiative newsletter