At the Prince Mahidol Award Conference (PMAC) in Bangkok, Thailand on the 30th January, the Lancet Commission on Obesity's report will be published.
The Commission, which is jointly run by the George Washington University, Auckland University, The Lancet and World Obesity will be launched at a side event at PMAC.
This side event, chaired by our CEO Johanna Ralston, will be held between 14:00 and 17:30 SAST (Local time) in the Loftus Suite (999/9 Rama I Road, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10330, Thailand) and is an open event with admittance free of charge.
Chair: Johanna Ralston, World Obesity Federation
14:00-14:10 Welcome: Sabine Kleinert, The Lancet
14:10-15:30 Session 1: Findings of the Lancet Commission on Obesity
- Bill Dietz Co-chair, George Washington University
- Reframing obesity within The Global Syndemic
- Sharon Friel Commissioner, Australian National University
- Understanding the governance structures and systemic drivers
- Boyd Swinburn Co-chair, The University of Auckland
- Recommendations from the Commission
- Discussion and Q&A about the Commission’s report
16:00-17:15 Session 2: Responses and panel discussion
- Discussant responses
- Panel discussion on ways forward
17:15-17:30 Closing remarks: Tim Lobstein, World Obesity Federation