The World Obesity Federation represents professional members of the scientific, medical and research communities from over 50 regional and national obesity associations.
Through our membership we create a global community of organisations dedicated to addressing obesity and its impact globally We have a wide network of stakeholders in the private and public sector and have official relations with WHO.
Where You Fit
We are looking for a part time research assistant to work in our Science and Education team. As a research assistant you would be responsible for proactively sourcing, analysing and importing material for the new Global Obesity Observatory.
Our office is currently closed due to COVID-19, and the post is home based. If the successful candidate is based in London they will have the option to come into the office subject to COVID restrictions in the future. The team communicate regularly online and they will always have access to support.
Part time: 3 days/week
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting desk-based web research to identify obesity-related documents and data, including policy strategies and interventions
- Searching various databases for data
- Extracting information from documents and articles into MS Excel
- Data capture for new and ongoing projects
- Web page development
- Writing lay-language summaries of policy reports or interventions
- Any other research as required
- Ability to proactively interrogate databases for information
- Collation and presentation of information in an accessible format
- Comfortable with excel and management of numerical data
- Ability to translate scientific evidence and communicate complex issues with a lay audience in a succinct way
- Tenacity in problem solving
- English proficiency and excellent grammar/writing skills
- Capacity to perform meticulous but efficient data entry
- Enthusiasm and teamwork
- Attention to detail
- Able to use initiative and work independently from home
- Interest in Public Health policy & obesity
- Fluent in one other EU Language
- Experience working in a virtual environment/remotely
- Familiarity with SPSS or PSPP
This position reports directly to Deputy Director of Data & Evidence and work closely with the Science and Education team. The position is part-time (3 days/week), one-year fixed term contract. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, visas cannot be sponsored for this role.
Annual salary will be approximately £25,000 plus 25 days annual leave pro rata (equating to £15,000, 15 days annual leave 3 days/week), office closure between Christmas and New Year, generous pension scheme and possibility of flexible working.
World Obesity celebrates fostering a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, parental or marital status.
Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
Because we are a small team, we regret that we can only respond to applicants selected for an interview. If you receive no response within one month of your application, unfortunately you have not been successful.
- A one-page cover letter
- Your CV
- Contact details for 2 referees
You can email your full application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Research & Data assistant’.Email us